Home  |  About AHA  |  Contact Us  |  FAQ

April 24, 2014      
Members Login   
AHA Community Forum
April 24, 2014, 01:22:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the AHA Forums!  To visit the site as a guest, simply go to "Home" on the Forums navigation.  You will not be able to post comments or responses without logging in.

Every person wishing to log in will need to create a new username and password for this board, regardless of activity on the previous board. Simply go to "register."

***Please remember, your username is the name that others will publically see for you.
Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Arabian Horse shows  (Read 2168 times)
oneclassyhorse

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2007, 06:18:37 PM »

Why aren't more Trail Class classes offered at Class A and Region shows?Huh Huh Huh
spike25

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 05:11:24 AM »

Probably not enough interest in your area or the people to set it up and put it on. Here in Region 15 most of our shows have trail including English trail.

Proud Member of INternational Arabian in Sport Association
SPRTHRS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 07:06:30 AM »

According to our Region 13 Director, there isn't enough interest in Trail here. My sister used to do Trail in CA, but can't find any classes here in MI - she can't even find any Reining classes. The Hoosier Classic does have English Trail in addition to the Western Trail, but there is no Regional Championship in 13 for for it. We did see Trail at the Silverama and Region 14 Show this past summer.

As a SH exhibitor, I would like to see English Trail added, but have been told that there isn't enough interest. I would love to see English Trail added to the SHN too, but that is a whole other can of worms.

MSU Autocracy+++/ (Ohadi Ben Rabba x FV Majestical Gold)
2013 R13 CH SHIH Open, Top 5 SHIH ATH, SHUS Open & ATR
2012 Region 13 SHIH ATH, Open & SHUS Open Top 5
jeninin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 04:22:12 PM »

I am working on the class list for the Indiana Arabian horse club fall show and I made a point to add trail classes, but I just did Western trail.  Perhaps I'll put English Trail on the TBA list.  English and Western trail have separate codes, so I'm assuming they can't be run together.  I did see quite a few english and hunter do a trail class earlier this summer, so I think the idea is growing.
oneclassyhorse

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 06:37:43 AM »

I'm very happy to hear you added Western Trail to Region 13, since that is my region.  I think the more interest people have in different classes, the better the classes offered.  I'd like to see more shows put on here.  We have the horse complex in Edinburg, IN.  Is that a possibility?? Grin
jeninin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 01:28:12 AM »

Indiana, unfortunately, does not have a lot of shows, and I don't see more being added, atleast not by IAHC.  The Triple Crown, which is usually in April, may be in May in 2008, due to date conflicts at the new Coverdale facility.  The NWIAHC holds an A show in Valporaiso in May, then the Half-Arab club holds the HHC in Edinburgh, after that there's the Sizzler in Ohio and then the Amateur show which used to be the end of August in Fort Wayne, but will now be a regular A show (open to pros as well) to be held in Rochester (has a covered area) in September.  We Hoosiers have to trek to MI/OH/KY to find more show opportunities.  Hope you'll consider checking out the new Pro/Am show in September next year.  It ought to be a great show.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: